This month is the month of STORYSTORM, a whirlwind of idea generating madness.
To try to gain some inspiration for the next month, I will be adding a list of favorite picture books and reviewing them. Some old, some new, but all good stuff.
Writing reviews for my favorite picture books will give me a closer look into how they make me love them and will hopefully inspire new ideas. Unfortunately I’ve already reviewed Pete the Cat and Dragons Love Tacos, because they would totally be on my list, but I still have plenty to go!
Here is the lineup:
- A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Philip C. Stead, ill. by Erin E. Stead (2010)
- Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett, ill. by Jon Klassen (2012)
- Ramble of one of childhood favorite Author/illustrator Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are, because I have to. (I have the 50th anniversary copy 2013)
- The Noisy Paint Box: The Colors and Sounds of Kandinsky’s Abstract Art by Barb Rosenstock, ill. by Mary Grandpre (2014)
- The Bear Ate your Sandwich by Julia Sarcone-Roach (2015)
- Thank you, Octopus by Darren Farrell (2014)
- The Dark by Lemony Snicket, ill. by Jon Klassen (2013)
- Bloom by Doreen Cronin, ill. David Small (2016)
- One Cool Friend by Toni Buzzeo, ill. by David Small
- Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast by Josh Funk, ill. by Brendan Kearney
- How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night? by Jane Yolen, ill. by Mark Teague (2000)
- Firefly Mountain by Patricia Thomas, ill. by Peter Sylvada (2007)
- Ramble about another childhood favorite The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs! by Jon Scieszka, ill. by Lane Smith and more (25th anniversary addition)
- Please, Louise by Toni Morrison and Slade Morrison, ill. by Shadra Strickland (2014)
- There Was an Old Dragon Who Swallowed a Knight by Penny Parker Klostermann, ill. by Ben Mantle (2015)
- Ramble about Wanda Gag’s Millions of Cats and why she inspired me to illustrate/write children’s books in the first place.
- Louise Loves Art by Kelly Light (2014)
- Rosie Revere Engineer by Andrea Beaty, ill. by David Roberts (2013)
- The Grudge Keeper by Mara Rockliff, ill. by Eliza Wheeler
- I Don’t Want to be a Frog by Dev Petty, ill. by Mike Boldt (2015)
- Rules of Summer by Shaun Tan (but more just Shaun Tan work in general)
Okay! That’s a pretty big line up, but I’m ready to get to writing~